Specialist Language Courses (SLC) is the UK’s leading provider of online OET Test Preparation and Medical English language training courses to the global healthcare sector. We work extensively with NHS Trusts, CCGs, Health Education England and NHS England.
We are looking for a teacher to work on a full-time basis, 37.5 hours per week, across all SLC courses. This position is remote. The work consists of the following:
Roles and responsibilities
- Up to 25 hours teaching per week
- Teach group and one to one lessons
- Lesson preparation and lesson record keeping
- Follow SLC course plan for OET courses
- Mark students’ written work and exams
- Conduct speaking assessments
- Feedback & reports
- Support SLC Academic Department with any projects which may arise
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Minimum CELTA or equivalent, DELTA (and equivalent) qualified candidates preferred.
- At least 5 years teaching experience
- OET teaching experience
- Online teaching experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong IT skills.
- Assessment experience
- ESP teaching experience
About the courses and SLC
- Exam preparation consists of up to 10 hours per week tutor-led tuition, taught online to groups of 10 learners.
- The class schedule is set at the beginning of the course.
- Courses consists of up to 90-minute video lessons taught to individual students.
- Lessons are given on a weekly basis, after which the learners are advised if they are ready to take the OET test.
Video lessons are given in an online meeting room, using Zoom meeting software. The lesson schedule is agreed in a separate document with each teacher.
You will be joining an experienced, dynamic and flexible team. We offer a varied approach to supporting teachers, including continuous professional development sessions, mentoring, external webinars and opportunities to get involved with SLC projects.
£27,000 + benefits
Start date: April 2021
Application deadline: 28th March 2021
Apply now with CV and cover letter outlining why this role should be yours to Bethan Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org